Friday, June 20, 2014

Godflesh - Decline & Fall (2014)

Holy fuck! Just... holy... fuck...!

When Broadrick announced that he was reassembling the mighty Godflesh I could never have imagined that he would come back in such devastating fashion! I mean, don't get me wrong, I figured that it would be good but this... this goes WAY beyond my realm of expectations.

This basically hearkens back to the early quarter of Godflesh's career but the heaviness is jacked up through the roof. I mean, I just can't get over how god damned fucking heavy this little -ep- is! And I'm not talking about a song or two here folks. Each and every track is a veritable colossus to behold! It's crazy to me how good this is. This straight up prison-punks 'Hymns' and 'Songs of Love and Hate'. That version of Godflesh doesn't have a prayer against this behemoth of a warmachine! If 'Decline & Fall' is a glimpse into the future of this resurrected entity, I shall embrace my destruction with a smile upon my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment